Thyroid Disorders Community
Need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Need help

my friend who is 8 months pregnant has tyhroid problem.  She is on medication.  Lately she has been experiencing some odd systems.  She is getting headaches, heart palpitations and passed out cold.  She had a CT scan and it showed nothing abnormal.  Her OBGYN is not worried about these systems, said s he could be anemic. Her and I do not believe this is the pro blem.   She is seeing another doctor.  Has anyone experienced any of these problems?  
Pregnancy changes your thyroid hormone requirements.  Your friend should have free T3, free T4 and TSH tested immediately to make sure her levels are adjusted properly.  Her doctor can then adjust her thyroid medication if necessary.
She is seeing her endo doc today.  I hope they do a blood test like you suggested.  Her gyno did no blood test on her.  Thank you for your help.  
Your friend should not just hope, she should request the testing suggested by goolarra.  If the doctor resists, she should just insist on it and not take no for an answer.  She is the customer and the doctor is providing the service.  
I agree, and she is really TWO customers right now...don't leave without the bloodwork.
You are absolutely right.  I know her she will demand.  She is really scared and wants to get to the bottom of this.  
Just called my friend,  She said she had blood work done and is now waritng for the test results.  Will let you know how she made out.  Want to thank you and goolara for all your help.  
My friend finally got a hold of me.  The endo doc took her off her thyroid medicine.  I guess the medicine was messing her up.  Also she was anemic and dehydrated.  Had to have an IV.  She is feeling a little better now.  
Please get your friend to obtain a copy of the blood test results and post them along with reference ranges, so that members can help interpret and advise further.