Thyroid Disorders Community
New here, but no to GD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

New here, but no to GD

Hello, I have GD.  I was diagnosed 9 years ago.  Been in and out of remission.  First took PTU for a year.  Went in remission for 2 years.  Then tapazole for 18 months.  Remission for 1 year.  Tapazole again.   Stayed in remission for a couple of years.  Now I am on methemizole.  It makes me so sick.  I can barely keep it down.  I feel worse al the time . Lost a ton of weight, very fast pusle, extremely weak, vision problems, jittery, can't sleep, and lately I am having trouble swallowing certain things.  I need to drink water to get my food down.  My endocrinologist said my thyroid is only 1 1/2 times the normal size.  So not too bad. That is why I am confused as to why the swallowing issue lately.  I have been on the meds for almost 3 months.  My free t3 3 months ago was 10.  Now it is 20.  I am getting worse!   I am scared to death to do the RAI.  I have been refusing it for 9 years,  I am now considering the surgery.  Problem is, Dr. says surgery can not be done with my levels so out of control.

I am looking for advise, and BTDT stories.  Anyone else afriad of the RAI?