Thyroid Disorders Community
New here....need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

New here....need help

Thyroid nodules (4) were found on my MRI back in March, had ultrasound and biopsy in May. They didnt retreive enough cells so my repeat biopsy was done 2 weeks ago and I just received the results say my Dx is Granulomatous Throiditis. I had no clue what that was so of course I googled it. My PC called today and is referring me to an Endo. Do I need one? I thought this condition would go away on its own. Now Im worried. If anyone could offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
I would suspect you're being sent to an Endo to monitor your condition.  It would pay to keep all copies of blood tests so that you can ensure they've checked TSH, FT4, FT3 and thyroid antibody markers.

Many people have thyroid nodules; and they will probably be checked 6 monthly for growth patterns.  A small nodule won't get biopsied, and a larger or growing nodule, if corresponding with blood tests showing hyper, would be investigated further. Hyper, or toxic nodules are usually benign, but can over-produce thyroid hormone.  

It's good that your PC is sending you to an Endo, who will monitor, and hopefully it will go away on its own!!!   But it's nice to have checks in place.
Granulomatous Throiditis usually goes away on its own, but sometimes, does turn into permanent hypothyroidism. That's probably why you are being referred to an endo, so s/he can make a final determination and monitor the situation.

Your pcp is being cautious; I think you should find something else to "worry" about........ lol

What, if any, symptoms do you have?
Glad to hear that your nodules didn't present with cancer, etc.  Barb and others have given great advice .. keep us posted!

C~