Thyroid Disorders Community
Night sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Night sweats

I had the left side of my thyroid removed about 6 months ago du to a benign nodule. I didn't even know I had a problem until i went to the Dr. But within the past two weeks I have been very tired, rundown, I lost 10 pounds in a week, every night no matter how cold I try to make the room I wake up and my head and shoulders are soaked with sweat. My eyelids are red and all I want to do is sleep, I get dizzy spells every now and then, every muscle in my body hurts all hours of the day.  Does anyone have these problems or know which path I should take to help this.
I don't have a definately answer on your night sweats - but may I ask ?

Why did you have thryoid surgery on a beign nodule?
Hi, I had the right side of my thyroid removed last year due to a benign nodule. They didn't know it was benign until they removed it as the FNA was inconclusive. I'm going through the menopause and have night sweats but you're far too young for that. Did your doctor put you on medication for your thyroid after your op? a month after my operation I was put on a 100mg of Thyroxine and seems I'm on it for life.Make an appointment to see your doctor and tell him how awful you're feeling and you want some help. I haven't felt the same since I had my op and thought having it would make me feel better and it hasn't. Good luck and hope you soon start to feel better but make sure you make an appointment to see your doctor. Take good care.
I'm 49 and get the sweats when on too much synthroid?  Then completely gone when med is adjusted ...

C~
I had a bout with the night sweats for about two weeks. I would wake up soaked and I would swear that the AC in m house must be broke. But, it's been a few weeks now and it hasn't happened again. I will tell you that all my life I have been cold natured but over the last 6 weeks as my tsh has gotten lower and lower I'm sweating all the freakin time!  In my classroom at work I have the thermostat set on 60 and the kids walk in and I hear "DANG!, It's freezin in here!"  And I'm sitting there thinking of ways to make it colder.
I have had night sweats for years and always associated it with having had 2 laprascopic surgeries for endometriosis.  Does anyone know what the deal with night sweats and thyroid it because lately I have to have my ceiling fan, AC below 70 and an osolating fan when I go to bed!
I had a total thyroidectomy in January 2009.  They did find cancer, but luckily it did not spread.  I was finally able to take my thyroid hormone again in March and am still trying to get it regulated.  I have been experiencing night sweats too!  I think it is just a way for the body to regulate itself, but I am no doctor.  I have an appointment at the end of the month, so I will definately ask.  You are not alone on this one though!
I had night sweats for years and went through an early menopause.
Its either female hormones or Hyper.