Thyroid Disorders Community
Normal blood work w/HASHIMOTOS?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Normal blood work w/HASHIMOTOS?

Does anyone else appear to be sympytomatic, but not on meds because ur thyroid blood work shows normal range??

"selma"
A- HAH - however you spell that!!!!  So, what blood work is showing *normal* range for you?  I just messaged a CL about this very thing - well, sort of reversed really, I have symptoms (the usual ones - aches, pains, and all) but I also have a SWELLING thyroid on the right.  Trouble with me is I HAVE PERFECT BLOOD.

I am being treated with Armour (which I love - controls most of the aches and stuff) but does not control my swelling thyroid (swells daily, really, it never goes down now - will have been 7 months as if 10/3).  Anyway, I am being treated but have no idea what I have.  Absolutely no idea.  The real trouble is, the docs don't seem to either.  The stupid endo I had once made a mutterance of hashi, but never really told me anything (he was ticked I sought other advice. Due to his horrible bed side manner, I am glad I did).  The ENT who switched my med to Armour has never given this thing a name.

Anyway, sorry for the vent, has been a swelling kind of day and it was just nice to see this post as I am the reverse side of it.
I was just at my PC and he said all blood work for thyroid was in normal range. I do have jaw line and facial pain. I get the buzzing and pain in both ears.I get heart palps as well.
I was told I have a nodule on my thyroid-too small for biopsy.This past Fri I had a 6 month US- waiting on the results.
I can never be sure if these symptoms are from the Hashimotos or a number of my other dxs.

Good luck mommy2
Godspeed
"selma"
Just mommy anad me?.......no one else with these concerns or issues??

Hi Selma,

I also have a similar problem. I have a largish nodule on the left side of my thyroid and the biopsy looks like Hashimotos but all thyroid related blood test are always normal, including negative for antibodies that would confirm hashi's.

I was having terrible symptoms last year and earlier this year, no period for 8 months in row (interestingly the periods returned 2 weeks after my thyroid biopsy), weight loss of more than 10% in one month (now I can't lose a single pound to save my life), fatigue (like I could fall asleep waiting at the red lights on my way home from work), muscle spasms (those awful charlies horses in the calf mucle that seem to always happen a night when you're sleeping) and various annoying aches and pains usually in my neck and shoulders but other places as well.

I have small swollen lymph nodes in my neck and underarms that grow and shrink but are always there, my blood pressure and my total cholesterol are high and my triglycerides are through the roof in spite of a reasonably healthy diet. Oh and they also noticed a teeny, tiny little heart murmur, but it's nothing to worry about.

The doctor's tend to treat these things as if they are coincidentally happening to me at the same time, but are all separate problems. This is our medical system at it's finest folks, nothing holistic about it.

I can't help but believe that there is a common cause and every time I go to look up a new issue, thyroid disorder is one of the known causes on the list. I just don't believe that the thyroid is understood well enough yet. I firmly believe that the tests are missing something important in my case. And it sounds like that's the case for many others as well.

On the bright side. I am feeling better. What has made the difference for me, I believe is mostly exercise. I've made even further improvments to my diet (partially to prove to my doc that it's not diet related), but the exercise thing is key. It was not easy to get going. It hurt at first for days afterward if I pushed myself at all. I had to start very, very slow. 10-15 mins a day and never to the point where I felt any exertion.

Now, six months later, I can get a little sweaty and not pay for it for the next week. I sleep better and feel less pain in general. I just wanted to take control in any way possible. I even took a holistic health class at the local community college. After about a year and half of doctor's visits (and by the way I'm pretty sure this has been going on for more like 10 years, but only got really bad last year), I was feeling very out of control and like the experts had no answers for me.

Get back to basics adn take care of yourself the best you can. That's the best advise that I can give. At first I thought I needed medication. I was a little angry that the doctor's all agreed, I didn't. Now that I'm feeling better and thinking more clearly, I'm not sure I'd take it if they wanted me to.

Take care,
Angel
Thanks - It is nice to know mommy and me were not alone- not that we wish this on anyone, but I believe it is more the drs getting a dx. And ur right they don't know all there is to thyroid issues- or medical.
As I always say- the drs r only practicing- maybe one day they'll get it right!!!

Thanks for sharing ur info-please keep in touch.

"selma"
Hi...I was symptomatic for years with normal blood tests...until the dr tested for antibodies.  My TPO level was high.  Dr started me on levo and I feel much better although still have a way to go.

Sandy
Thanks for sharing ur info- I will ask my Dr about that next visit.I am glad u r feeling better.

Godspeed
"selma"