Thyroid Disorders Community
Not sure what to do..........

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Not sure what to do..........

3 weeks ago my TSH was 1.79 tested by my endo's office, last week my TSH was 3.25 tested by my primary doctor. passed this info back to my endo and she replied by leaving a message on my voice mail saying that it doesn't matter what the other doctors test came back as becuase docotrs test for TSH different ways, I think that is bullcrap because they both use the same labotory here in town. Also said that is it normal for a FEMALE to have low blood sugar around 59.....not in anything ihave read as of yet has it said anything about male/female issues when it comes to low blood sugar. And my has dropped as low as 52, more than once.
Blood test from regular doctor also came back showing low white blood count, low potassium but they all act like that is ok. I am still feeling the same tired, sore weak muscles all over. The low blood sugar spells, hair is still falling out. trouble sleeping.
Husband wants me to go to another doctor, i am sick of doctors and trying to explain how I feel regardless of what the numbers show. Out of all the people on this forum who had RAI to control their graves disease/hyper did your docotr folow up with an uptake scan and ultrasound to make sure the thyroid was "dead"?
My endo did not do this and now i am being told that she should have. But she is wanting me to wait 6 weeks before I come back in.
Haven't had the hyper/Graves but I have had an endo who didn't listen to me.  He's my ex-endo now and I found a wonderful endo who works WITH me on my thyroid issues.  He gives me advise and asks for my input and doses me not just on levels alone but how I am feeling.

Please consider getting another endo.  There are good ones out there but sometimes we have to seek them out.

I know I go to the same group of endocrinologists that you do...but I would find another doctor...and I would do it NOW...your doctor is certainly not listening to you or your body!...I am not at all certain that I will remain with the practice myself....will give it a couple more months...if I don't see any changes I, too will be seeking another endo...