OT: Xanax withdrawal - ugh!
No question here, just venting...So I have felt good for awhile with hyperthyroism under control and numbers look good. But I'm taking xanax and trazodone for insomnia. Well, even though I'm on the lowest dose of xanax, the withdrawal symptoms have caught up with me and it has the same symptoms as being hyperthyroid -- atleast to me. This sucks! And on top of that I keep feeling like I can't breathe and headaches from hell. And I have to go to a baby shower this afternoon which I WAS looking forward to but now not so much. I read xanax was very physiologically addictive but at the time I was so deseperate for sleep, I didn't care.
I hope you are tapering off with your doctor's supervision...I was taking xanax for several years for anxiety problems. I too was on the low dose 2 times a day...but since I had taken it for several years, I had to replace with something else, which was the plan anyway and taper off half pill a day for one week....then 1 pill the second week and so on until I was off. The doctor told me there is also a chance of heart attack with sudden withdrawal of the drug! had I known that I would never had consented to take it in the first place! The one I take now works ok, but not as well...but it is not as addictative. I wish you luck girlfriend. I have been there!
Been through the wd 's of xanax three times...I'm hoping never again....taper off like artsy said, and know you will get through it....