Aa
A
A
Close
OVERMEDICATED
Hypothroid:  Haven taken armour thyroid 180mg. for about 20 years.  New test results show free T4 (0.87)and Free T3 (2.9) fine with TSH < 0.01.  When I tried reducing amount taken in June to 80 mg.  (afraid i was getting too much thyroid) . readings were TSH 2.55, Free T3 (1.06) and Free T4 (.038).
I have consistenly showed TSH < 0.01-0.3 for many years.
Just tried reducing amount again and have had hoarseness along with burning in throat.  What's going on?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
212753 tn?1275076711
if you reduce you your amount ,TSH will go up.Did you feel ok with tsh of .01? why do you want to reduce cause you will go hypothyroid then.I am not a doc but you probably shouldnt reduce your med,especially without a doctor.
Love Venora
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for your reply.  Dr. thought i was probably getting too much Tsh based on labs.  Every time a Dr. changes my dose I get sick and cholesterol goes up plus energy sags.  I have learned that most endocronologists don't like Armour Thyroid and when I was switched to synthetic form fo Thyroid I had an allergic reaction.  Everything went haywire.  Sometimes I feel like I am just hanging on!
Sue
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources