Thyroid Disorders Community
Odd tast in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Odd tast in mouth

Since taking Synthroid for about a month now,  I have had a strange taste in my mouth. It's not a bad taste and not really a 'taste' as much as a sensation. It's like I chewed some mint gum recently, kind of that residual  'cool' feeling. Has anyone had this sensation in relation to Synthroid or hypo? It's just enough to bother me and concern me that there may be something else wrong???  Thanks.
I have never experienced anything like that.
YES! YES! YES! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a month ago and started synthroid about a month ago as well and I feel the same thing. It feels like I have cotton-mouth and I want to go brush my teeth all the time...sort of how you feel in the morning before you brush your teeth. My foods all taste bland. At first, I thought I was coming down with a cold and my taste buds were being affected, but the cold never came. It has to be the synthroid b/c it's the only thing that I have changed since then.