PEI
Has anyone had PEI done? I have a 3.9 cm benign cyst and just had an ethanol injection this morning. I understand it is supposed to take 3-6 weeks for the cyst to shrink and that there is a 90-95% success rate with this procedure. The endo said he expected the cyst to return to it's original large size over the next couple of days. It seems as if it's almost back up to that size and it's only been a few hours. Is this normal? Can I still hope for good results over time?
898
Have  they flushed the cyst with saline solution prior to treatment?
He drained the cyst and then injected 99% dehydrated ethanol into it. He didn't flush it first.
898

Some articles do not insist of saline solution flushing before ethanol injection.
"The amount of ethanol injected is usually suppose to be 95% of the aspirated fluid volume"[I assume it is may not apply for large cysts?]
hope they injected the right amount
"For recurrences with cyst volume greater than 1 mL, patients had repeat treatment, limited to a maximum of three treatments. Monthly follow-up took place for six months"
Therefore repeated treatment is necessary as your cyst is larger then 1 cu cm. this data is from 2003 article on Medscape.
Wishing you best of luck

It was a pretty big cyst. Here's hoping it works! Thank you so much for the information!!