My pth is 77 which is outside normal range and my free T4 is decreased from 2.5 to 1.3 . The calcium ionized is 1.14 which is a little above normal range. I'm taking vitamin d 50000 IU once a wk with 1000 IU calcium per day.
I'm having muscle twitching anf tingling.
Do I have thyroid problems????
I've been looking at the expert forum, some answered question can help (there are more questions there):
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/564862 http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/572034 I would ask doctor Lupo about this, in one of the posts the PTH was higher then yours and he said it was slightly elevated. If free T4 is now 1.3 looks normal, what about your TSH? You must check your phosphate in serum, calcium levels in urine, Vit D in serum, albumin etc
If you can try to test for:
Vit D in serum (1,25(OH)2D)
phosphatemia (serum phosphorus concentration)
calcium in urine
but try to ask first Dr. Lupo, see what he suggests. What did the Endo said about your symptoms? did he gave an explanation for that? What about your calcium and Vit D supplements? If you don't feel well there must be a reason for that.
Out of curiosity, please explain why Albumine should be tested.
I have high serum calcium for several years and now have high PTH. My D is very low!My liver enzyme Alkaline Phosphorus(ALP) is high. I took a CT scan and a nuclear scan looking for a parathyroid tumor...but none was found. Also, my 24hr. urine Phosphorus test came out LOW and my 24hr. Calcium test came out low. ?? My bone density test came out poorly. I just took a nuclear whole body bone scan and it showed that every joint in my body including fingers and toes have degenerative changes. (hips too). I hurt all over. I'm told by my doctor to drink 10-12 glasses of water each day so I don't get kidney stones.
I've been told by one doctor that I have rheumatoid arthritis and told by another doctor that I don't. I do have a positive RA Factor. I have no swelling but I do see some red at places. This could be something auto immune. I'm on my 3rd Endo and 3rd Rhuematologist. No one can figure me out.
I also have burning skin pain, terrible heat sensations radiating from my skin yet I have no fever, pins & needles all over my body. Terrible fatigue.
Any suggestions? I'm sick as a dog and these doctors are taking soooo long. I lost almost 50lbs. since mid Feb'08 unintentionally.
The amount of total calcium varies with the level of serum albumin, a protein to which calcium is bound. Ionized calcium is independent of albumin, it reflects the active calcium, but usually you should measure albumin when you have high calcium levels.
About you: Hyperparathyroid bone disease often is associated with increased serum alkaline phosphatase. Have you tested for sarcoidosis? and what about familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia? (this last one is associated with hypermagnesemia) this is just what I found (very superficial reading.....). In This familial hypocalciuric there is no hypercalciuria.... (I don't know much about this)..
RA- 85% of patients have positive RA factor, so one of the rheumathologist thinks you're the other 15% .
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.