Thyroid Disorders Community
Pain and burn out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Pain and burn out

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to read my last post regarding pain I have been experiencing in my neck/throat area where the thyroid is.  As mention in a previous post the paid can be very bad.  I was told the paid is not associated with my Hashimotos as this is not typical.  I had an appointment with an ENT specialist and he said the pain is from RA.  He also told me that with Hashimoto's Thyroidtis is usually burns (his wording) itself out and then the problem I have had with getting my TSH level the same all the time would not be as difficult.

Let me know if anyone has any information on this.

Thanks so much
I don't have personal experience in that area but wanted to say hello and welcome to the thyroid community!
i don't have any experience either, but I am sorry to hear about your pain. What did your dr base the diagnosis of RA on. Not to be disrespectful of drs but sometimes, they just decide what it is, without even examining or testing. I know from experience. Then that can make you feel "put off" so to speak. If you did not like that drs opinion, get a 2nd. I wouldn't mention the RA diagnosis to see if you get a different one........
I've had Graves disease for years. At 55 I now developed the other side of thyroid disease. My diagnosis Hashitoxicosis is known for both Hyper & Hypo. I have been going through some strange symptoms. I have also been dealing with a lot of stress in my life which always seems to get me worked up and feeling overwhelmed. I finally had to stop working to figure out why I was feeling this way.  I have been going through menopause the last 2 years. I was recently told my thyroid is Burning Out.  I would really like to know how long it takes for the burn out process. I would also like to know if anyone has had any eye symptoms with thyroid disease. My antibodies were over 1000. I started taking synthroid late January. I think it has helped with my thyroid numbers but still not where I should be since the thyroid is
still burning out. There are times that I think this thyroid stuff has to do with our emotions and how we are affected by others. What do you think??
Confusedwiththyroid
No one can tell you how long it will take to burn out.  For some it takes years, for others it goes like gangbusters.  

Many people get thyroid eye disease (TED) from Graves'.

Which antibodies are over 1,000?

Thyroid definitely can make you more emotional and less able to deal with others.  My endo thinks that stress is the #1 factor that makes our autoimmune disease worse.

Do you have recent labs to post?  If so, please include reference ranges as they vary lab to lab.