Pain under Chin Post-PT
I had a PT a week and a half ago.  This morning I woke up with pain and tenderness under the chin (at the top of the neck).  It hurts to touch it; almost feels like inflamation. Anyone else experience this? If it were around incision site, I'd expect it, but not up so high.
The pain and tenderness is actually right above the adam's apple (between chin & adam's apple).    Anyone?
Hi Mags,

Thanks for your note and for your words of support.  I didn't realize this would be such a process.  But I suppose when surgery is involved there is no such thing as "straightforward."  

Good luck with everything and please keep me posted with how you're doing.  

I hope to see my new endo next week and in the meantime will ask my internist to reduce my dosage.

Re your post above, I too feel pain and tenderness just above my Adam's apple.  I've had it since my TT on 8/6. I don't know what this could be but it's kind of strange, considering its above the actual incision.  

XO

Deb
It actually makes me feel better knowing someone is experiencing the same thing!  I see the surgeon for my followup on Tuesday and then my endo on Wednesday, so I'll let you know what they say about it.  I guess it's normal, but of course, when you're going through this stuff, it takes a toll on your mind and spirit.  My surgery was also on 8/6, but mine was just a partial.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!

Maggie
Hi Maggie,

I know what you mean about feeling better when you realize someone else is experiencing the same things you are.  It helps me to feel more "normal" at a time in my life when so much is not normal.  And yes, it does take a toll on your mind and spirit.  

Good luck on Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone says.

Take care and we'll talk soon!

Deb
I had surgery total thyroid, parathyroid biopsy and parotid nodule biopsy.  I feel rotten.  Have the same pain you have it feels tight especially looking slightly up and swallowing.  I feel like I am swallowing a golf ball and have a hard time with food.  I am tired and run down.  I wake up and say today is the day I feel better hasn't happened yet.  I have been doing neck rolls but today did Tylenol.  I helped but don't really want to take to much of that and not everyday.  I am able to get levels done this week so maybe I just need a med adjustment.  Right now just feel bad.

Janice
I think a lot of what we're feeling has to do with our hormone levels.  I wake up everyday not knowing how I'm going to feel that day.  Some days I feel fine and then the next I feel horrible.  Sometimes I wake up fine and feel terrible later on in the day.  According to my endo, it will take a couple of months before they can actually see where your hormone levels will stay at.  It just seems like such a long process, but hopefully we'll all feel better soon and put it all behind us (more or less).  I hope  you start feeling better; please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Maggie