Pain with nodules? What kind/size do you have?
What I'm wondering is if you have/had some sort of neck pain with the nodules what kind/size did you have?

I have increasing pain with (under 2cm) average sized nodules, on a wait list for R hemi- removal.  It's a deep, ow-in-there type pain, about 2 fingers up from my R collar bone, and against the wind pipe.  After the surgeon manipulates it?  Pain can last all day.  

I figure as something to do as I wait on removal, if we can correlate our tiny sample :-) if there's a type of nodule, small/large, left side/right, papillary/follicular/Hashi's, etc.--that can expect to have more pain.

Why can't a thyroid nodule be like a broken leg--obvious to the number-crunchin' thyroid medical pros? :-)))

Thanks for sharing!
We don't have thyroid medical pros, here.  We are all patients just like yourself, trying to help others through what we've been through.

Do you have Hashimoto's?

Many of us have nodules on our thyroid and many of us have/had some pain from it. It's not uncommon to have some pain, following palpation of the thyroid.  I used to find that laying a cool, damp cloth across my neck, helped with the pain, and of course, you must avoid rubbing/irritating the area.  You might talk to your doctor regarding some type of pain med, such as aspirin, ibuprophen, etc, if the pain is too intense. Once the thyroid "dies" off (if you have Hashimoto's), the pain often goes away.