Painful Hashimoto's
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after I had my second child at 25 years of age. I was placed on Synthroid 50 mcg and stayed on that dosage despite having recurring symptoms of hypothyroidism and extreme fatigue with anxiety and depression.

Almost 9 years later I went to an endocrinologist after my physician dismissed my symptoms as stress related and refused to modify my thyroid dosage because my TSH was normal around 5. The endocrinologist performed an ultrasound and found one large nodule and a smaller one nearby. The larger nodule was biopsied by FNA. I was told I have Hashimoto's and my Synthroid dosage was increased to 100mcg. Four months later, my TSH was on the rise so my Synthroid was increased to 112 mcg.

I am still having classic hypo symptoms but occasionally will have "mixed" symptoms of hyper and hypo thyroidism. Also, I have pain in my neck, jaw, and lymph node areas in armpit, knee, and groin. My doctor says these symptoms are not likely due to my thyroiditis. I am confused and feel that this pain is due to my thyroiditis, but what else can I do if the doctor believes otherwise. I am unsure of how to handle this without offending my doctor and having to start over elsewhere.
I would suggest ask your doctor to increase the dose, I did this when I had all these symtoms and it helped

BUT the most important thing that helped me was switching the MEDICINE . which is swiching to armourthyroid........it changed my life.

Some people do well on armour and some do well on synthyroid, the thing is if you have been on synthyroid for very long and you feel fatigued, confused, irritated and most of hypo symptoms, it is not bad to change to armourthyroid (it is natural pig hormone). I take 180 mg. I hope I helped.
It is hard to give any specific advice without more info, especially  on your thyroid test results.  What is your TSH level now?  Have you had free T4 and free T3 tests?  Are you still suffering from fatigue and anxiety?  What is your normal body temperature?  With this kind of info, you can get a better idea of your thyroid state and members can provide some direction, based on our own experiences.
Glad to hear someone else is out there.  I first noticied my lymph nodes swollen and then they found a goiter and after some testing stated that had hasimotos disease and also wrote up hypothyroid even though my TSH are low normal.  My lymph nodes in throat, neck and armpit are the ones I have noticied and I also think it is related to my thyroid but my doctor as well as yours is dismissing it to stress.  I also take 100 synthroid with no results.
I have had some pain in my underarm lymph nodes...before and after being diagnosed. I think it is part of the symptoms that go along with an unactive thyroid. Recently my dose has been increased. You need a very good Endocrinologist...because some do not understand that you may need a increase even when you TSH is within normal limits. Personally my symptoms are worse during menstruation. My numbers were fine but I was still feeling horrible...panic attacks...fatigue...mood swings. My TSH and free T4 were within normal limits. My doctor just did not listen to me so I changed and went to someone who listens to me and how I feel, regardless of the blood results. I am now under good care and have fewer symptoms. I also recently went gluten-free to see how that helps my symptoms... having Hashimotos we will always have highs and lows with our TSH and Free T4.
It is really nice to read about other people and what they are going through since this is a weird disease and not everyone is alike in symptoms.