Thyroid Disorders Community
Parathyroid doctors in Houston

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Parathyroid doctors in Houston

I have been diagnosed with a single parathyroid tumor on my left side. Only one..not all 4.  Yet, my calcium levels have all been within normal ranges. My Vitamin D levels are low (5) but do go up with heavy doses of Vitamin D, i.e. 50,000 units daily for 2 weeks. My Parathyroid Level (PTH) is always high even when the vitamin D is normal while taking excessive amounts of Vitamin D.  

I am a weird case and have been researching on Dr. Jim Norman's site on parathyroid.  He is asking for $850.00 to review out of state pateint's records and feel I do not want to this unless he is the only game in the country.  I am asking if anyone knows of a "expert" in parathyroid problems in the Houston Area.  

I will try to post this on Dr. Lupo's site but so far the fourm is always full and am unable to get on.

Thank You.
Mary, I do not have the answer for you but keep trying to post to the doctor.  Yes, the forum's are always full and it is hard getting your question in but stay persistant.  If you notice most of the replies here are pertaining to thyroid issues amonst one another and you will go un- noticed. Good Luck To You.
Here's a site that has recommendations for thyroid doctors.  This link is for Texas:
http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/texas.htm

Good luck!!

GoldaStarr