Thyroid Disorders Community
Persistent shortness of breath, dizziness
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Persistent shortness of breath, dizziness

I have almost 2 months persistent shortness of breath. I did EKG, spirometry test, X-ray chest. All tests were normal. My shortness of breath isn't accompanied by wheezing, cough, fever. I feel dizzy, difficult to concentrate, weak/fatigue, sometimes I have difficulty to sleep and sometimes I my gums is bleeding when I brushed my teeth and also nauseated.

Could it be hyperthyroidism or something related to thyroid disorder? If yes what kind of test should I take to diagnose this problem? Then what is the treatment?

Thank you very much
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
97628_tn?1204465633
Go to your doctor and request a TSH test and a free T4 and T3. Also get the regular bloodwork
( include test for antinuclear antbodies, metabolic panel, CBC and a urinalysis, thyroid antibodies if your plan will spring for it at this stage) and a thorough physical exam.

It's hard to say what causes symptoms in the absence of objective evidence of what could be happening. Thyroid symptoms are non-specific and the things people claim it does are lists pages long.
There are common signs, which, in the presence of physical/lab evidence, are strongly supportive of a dx thyroid disease. Without that corroboration you are best served investigating other avenues as well so other posssible causes will not be overlooked.

Information  and opinions from the Internet are thought-provoking, but people in a topic area tend to be steeped in that topic and can by myopic.

I hope you feel better soon.

Blank
97628_tn?1204465633
can BE myopic, pardon typo :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources