Aa
A
A
Close
Persistent shortness of breath, dizziness
I have almost 2 months persistent shortness of breath. I did EKG, spirometry test, X-ray chest. All tests were normal. My shortness of breath isn't accompanied by wheezing, cough, fever. I feel dizzy, difficult to concentrate, weak/fatigue, sometimes I have difficulty to sleep and sometimes I my gums is bleeding when I brushed my teeth and also nauseated.

Could it be hyperthyroidism or something related to thyroid disorder? If yes what kind of test should I take to diagnose this problem? Then what is the treatment?

Thank you very much
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
97628 tn?1204465633
Go to your doctor and request a TSH test and a free T4 and T3. Also get the regular bloodwork
( include test for antinuclear antbodies, metabolic panel, CBC and a urinalysis, thyroid antibodies if your plan will spring for it at this stage) and a thorough physical exam.

It's hard to say what causes symptoms in the absence of objective evidence of what could be happening. Thyroid symptoms are non-specific and the things people claim it does are lists pages long.
There are common signs, which, in the presence of physical/lab evidence, are strongly supportive of a dx thyroid disease. Without that corroboration you are best served investigating other avenues as well so other posssible causes will not be overlooked.

Information  and opinions from the Internet are thought-provoking, but people in a topic area tend to be steeped in that topic and can by myopic.

I hope you feel better soon.

Comment
Cancel
97628 tn?1204465633
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
97628 tn?1204465633
can BE myopic, pardon typo :-)
Comment
Cancel
97628 tn?1204465633
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
gimel