Personality Change
Last Feb.  I went through TT due to CA.  This past year has been a struggle to get meds straightened out and  feel better, but now that everything finally seems to be calming down I've noticed that I'm not the same person I was before all of this.  I know going through this you have to change a little, but it is really hard to describe.

It's actually like I'm stuck inside this person who is overweight, lazy, and really b*tchy and I'm dying to get out, but can't.  It's really starting to take it's toll on my marraige and I'm don't have the patience with my kids that I used to.  I'm not even 30 yet and I can't imagine living the rest of my life feeling like I'm not myself and I don't know how to be.

Does anyone else feel like this and if so, does anything help?
Have you had some recent labs to check your thyroid levels?  TSH, FT3, FT4?

My son had tests six months ago and appeared to be stabilized so they told him to wait six months for next test. At the six month mark, he was hypo and feeling bad. Don't wait for your next scheduled check if you dont feel good.
Could be has good advice.Now I will say maybe you need to seek some therapy as well.Coming from a bi polar standpoint who just got their tt in Sept I dont I could make it through this without the mental health and the body docs.It seems it would help work through some of the issues you are having with your self image since you had the tt.I think it takes a combo of the meds and some therapy for our heads to get through all of this.
I must admit I am feeling alot of the same way...my weight is out of control,I cant keep my meaness at bay ,and I definatly do not have any patience right now.On the other hand I am hpo getting ready for my RAI.So I have some hope this will be over soon.
Plus do you work outside the home?do you get any ME time?How amny kids doyou have.I know as women we have a hard time spending time taking care of ourselves  there are so many demanding out care(and demanding is the word here)
I hope this helps some.Dont give up on adjusting your meds and take some time to take of yourself.
Love Venora
I, too, was thinking some counseling may be beneficial.  This is a mj. life-altering event.  I almost sought some counseling last month trying to cope with all on my plate.  Luckily I worked it out, but that isn't always possible when something major occurs in one's life .. just to talk about how you feel, etc. may help tremendously sort things through.

Cheryl
Many, MANY of us with thyroid disorders are on antidepressants.  TT changes everything about your body and your chemistry.  For my daughter and sister is mellowed out their bipolar tendencies.  For me (and two sisters) it made me more depressed - even with correct levels of thyroid replacement.  

Please talk to your doctor, TT is enough to send anyone into depression (chemically and emotionally) and the diagnosis of cancer, whether or not we acknowledge it, really affects us deeply.  There are counselors and doctors out there who can help you.  I found I couldn't do it without antidepressants - just like we need thyroid replacement to balance out those levels, sometimes we need antidepressants (or other medication) to balance out changes in our brain chemistry.

Please talk to your doctor.  Talking to your doctor about depression does NOT mean you are crazy, just acknowledging that you need help managing the changes in your body.
Thank you for your help!  I did call my doctor and went and got blood work done yesterday.  I just need to keep reminding myself how lucky I am that it was this cancer that I got and not something worse.  Thanks for all your support.  I'll let you know if I find anything out.
How are you doing today?