Thyroid Disorders Community
Pleas help.. 23 female with type 1 diabetes and pituitary macroadenoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have had juvenile diabetes for 12 years and have been experiencing fatigue ever since. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I am 23 now and I will sleep for over 24 hours about 2-3 times a month. I get sick very easy and struggle to keep my sugars in range. I was recently diagnosed with a macroadenoma on my pituitary gland. I weigh 120 and am 5 feet 2 inches tall, so not really out of the ordinary there. I do get nauseous at times and my weight can fluctuate easily from 114 - 133. I struggle to get up in the morning and I am tired all the time regardless of the amount of sleep I get. I'm not depressed so I don't know what it is. My labs were:

TSH normal
fT4 low
T4 low
T3 normal
MCH high
RBC low
Na slightly low
Cl slightly low
A1C 7.0
Cortisol normal
Prolactin low
Growth Hormone normal
ACTH normal
Vitamin D slightly low
Microalabumin 1.7 mg/dL

Please, this has gone on for too long with no real answers. I have been told that the tumor probably is not causing the symptoms. That was from the Shands too. I get hedaches and body aches all the time. Usually towards the end of the day. I have trouble concentrating when reading sometimes my eyes twitch when I focus on a book. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

What are your Blood Sugar Levels (BSL) on waking?
And what meds are you on for the Diabetes?
Do you get checked with a Glucose Tolerance Test every 3 months?
Sorry for all the questions but the Diabetes causes a lot of symptoms like the thyroid does.
I am so sorry to hear how tired you are.  My son also has type 1 diabetes diagnosed at the age of 10,10 years ago.  He also has hashimoto and they always check him for Celiac disease.  Celiac can mess with your sugars and so can the thyroid.  Have they checked your antibodies for thyroid and Celiac?  I have a micro pituitary tumor 3x4 and have been going through a wait and see because all my labs have been coming back normal.  A macro can put more pressure on your pituitary and can cause more damage to the optic nerve.  I would encourage you to stop over at the brain/pituitary tumor community site and post some questions there.  They have been extremely helpful to me.  I hope to hear from you and I wish you well.

Smilerdeb ~ I think you are referring to type 2 diabetes and she has type 1. They are different and are treated differently.