Thyroid Disorders Community
Please, can any one help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Please, can any one help?

I was diagnosed w/ a goiter at 5 years of age, I am 46 years old now & have never had any serious problems with it,m although I have always been on the hyper side,have had problems sleeping for years and basically have bad nerves. I think these are all signs of a an overactive thyroid (I am also pretty thin,though not under weight) This is my problem, About two weeks ago I broke out in these tiny bug bite type things on the back of both upper arms. Every day it progressed down my arms and started to spread over the rest of my body.The Dr. said it was a severe allergic reaction and prescribed Prednisone. A few days later it became worse and the little bite like things turned into blister like hives, I went to the ER because it was Saturday & the Dr. said it was Scabies & prescribed a permethrin cream to be used twice in two weeks. well the hives are still coming up & I have been surfing the web for articles about Scabies, In all the articles I have read it has become my conclusion  that it "can not" be Scabies. Now I found these articles about Hypothyroid, and think this is a possibility of what may be causing the problem. Is there anything I should be looking for or any particular important questions I should ask the Doctor? any information I can get on this will be very helpful for me, Thankyou
  • bug bite (2 replies):
    i was bit by a spider or something, 4-5 days ago and it ...[more]