Thyroid Disorders Community
Please help with questions.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Please help with questions.

I found a lump on my throat. my reg MD sent me for an MRI & blood work. He called & said my blood work was normal but then he referred me to an endocrinologist. I was then told I have 22 (6cm) nodules on the right side and 8 (3cm) on the left side of my thyroid. I had an ultrasound done this past week. The ultrasound technicianused the word "cyst". I go for my FNA  in the morning. Should I be worried? I have a full time job & 2 young children.  
Not necessarily, but I had a noduke for 4 years and was terrified to have the FNA, wish I'd had it done earlier. It will rule out cancer which if it's small enough can be taken out, but will also ease your mind if you just have a goiter. Best to find out now, Best of luck.