Thyroid Disorders Community
Pop in my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Pop in my neck

Yesterday I was feeling the right side of my neck (at the front to the right of my windpipe) and felt something move/pop.  It is hard to describe but I can still feel it happen when I press on this area, kind of like an air bubble moving.  It doen't appear to happen on the left side although I think it may have happened once.  I am in no pain and it is more of a weird or uncomfortable feeling. Does this happen anyone else when they press on this area?
Tags: pop, Neck, weird
To check the thyroid gland, if this is what you are talking about: Have a glass of water handy, about half way between the adams apple and your collar bone is located the butterfly shaped thyroid gland, feel in this area for any lumps or swelling.
Tilt the head back slightly, and with one hand to feel the thyroid area, take the glass of water, and take a few sips, while swallowing, you should feel the thyroid moving, if the lump or swelling is moving with it, then you could have an enlarged thyroid or what is called a goiter. In any case you should see an MD, but this is not uncommon with thyroid, but needs an examination and lab work to diagnose.  Best Wishes FTB4