Porcine Thyroid
Hello , does anyone knows about  Nutri-Meds™ Whole Desiccated Porcine Thyroid Concentrate capsules. 130 mg. Has anyone tryed them I heard that it is close to Armour.  Do you have any Idea????  Has anyone tryed them I heard that it is close to Armour.  
There is Porcine thyroid and Bovine Thyroid so be careful before you take anything OTC.
A pharmacist friend and I discussed this together a while ago. With the shortage of desiccated thyroid medication - people are seeking other brands to keep them well.

This one you talk about is a raw form of thyroid powder - which I have yet to learn if raw is not as good as freeze dried. The similiarity of this to Armour seems quite good - but again, I have not learned a whole lot in formation yet in it.

The grain dosage is high too. This lookes like at least a 2 grain amount is in there so knowing the dosages you are taking and how you are splitting it is necessary to compare with your doctor.

I am not sure of the filler content or the ratio alotment per script is being processed. There are guidelines on how much powder to add - vs - fillers and I do not know the consistancy of ratios they are allowed. With this being a an OTC supplement label - things are not regulated as best as they should, but this brand does come out higher in standards then others from what I am understanding.

If it is a mix of bovine with porcine - both products are different - but are allowed to be called the same in grain values. They are not the same and you may find what you take in Armour could be too much - or too little thyroid hormones to best suit your needs.
Thanks for you info !!!! it is very helpfull .