Thyroid Disorders Community
Postpartum hypo and my baby :((( please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Postpartum hypo and my baby :((( please

Ok so I have a seven month old son and after monthes of being tired and depressed i finally got tested for hypothyroidism. Well it came back positive.( secondary normal tsh, low t4)  I am so scared that I have had this since I was Pregnant and was just undiagnosed. I remember having a very low cold tolerance, my bottom or feet feeling cold long after exposure. Tiredness, paleness, extreme weight gain when I am normally a very petite girl, and horrible morning sickness( I know these could all be normal though too?)
    I had a cascading thyroid reflex at 7 monthes with a tsh of 0.8.. I am basically wondering if a secondary hypothyroidism could have had the same devistating effects on congnitive development as primary? Would it be obvious even at this young age if he did? thankyou for your response!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had the same problem and found out as well that I have a low thyroid function about the same level 0.007. My son is now 9 month old and I will have him tested in the 2nd week of March. You should have him tested too. I thought the O.B. should have tested it without asking and I am disappointed they didn't. My House Doctor tested me without me even asking. Either way I am anxious to see if he is ok. I am a bit worried so let's see. I would recommend you to do the same just to give yourself a peace of mind.
Blank
I think that most of a baby's cognitive development during gestation happens before 7 months.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank