Potassium
My hypothyroidism is causing me to have leg cramping, especially during rigourous excersize. I was told that if I take potassium the cramps should lessen, but my hypothyroidism also caused me to develop high cholesterol. Is it bad to take a potassium pill of 99mg when you have high cholesterol? Mine is about 210.
I have high cholesterol from Hyperthyroidism.  Your leg cramping is probably from low potassium.  You could take a pill, but it's better to get it from food sources such as bananas, apples, raisins, etc.  They have a much higher amount of potassium (99mg is the minimum daily requirement).  I had terrible leg cramps and started eating a couple bananas a day and snacking on raisins, and I rarely get them anymore.
Yes, the bananas, etc. are good to keep the cramps away.  If they do hit you might find that a snack of potato chips and Gatorade will kill it fast.  Good luck!
I do gatorade and eat banana, take my multi, and drink gatorades. So as long as you do those you should be  fine. I notice I get more headaches, etc and cramping in the legs during period. Make sure they do frequent testing on you. They are watching my ferritin levels now. Which is a step away from anemic.
I vote BANANAS ALLLLLLLLLLL THE WAY! one a day and you're set!
Do you know for sure it is potassium related?

It could also be magnesium deficency related.

HAve you been tested?

I will tell you bananas are a huge weight gainer for hypo's.

Could be the B Vits too.
A banana only has 110 calories.

Bananas also have 4 grams of fiber each. That will help you lower your cholesterol.

Potassium supplements can be dangerous if you aren't truly low. You need a blood test.

It is better to get potassium through diet.