Thyroid Disorders Community
Problems from levothyroxine to armour thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Help! Long story short - My specialist and regular MD were unable to tell me why I was so tired even though they knew I had hypothyroidism. I finally went to Progressive Medical and found that my liver was not making T3; so I was taking T3 Prime in addition to Levothyroxine 75 MCG. I just started taking Armour Thyroid about two weeks ago and continued the T3 Prime. Now I'm feeling anxious, crying for no real reason, getting tired for no reason.

I'm not sure who to visit. I want to handle through a medical center/doctor who is closer than Progressive Medical & not quite so expensive. However the specialist isn't real receptive/open minded. My family practictioner is friendly and open to my feelings. I'm thinking of visiting her, but I don't feel equipped and find that even specialists aren't so aware. Help! What do I need to tell my practitioner?
Please post your thyroid test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Also please tell us what your meds and dosage was for the month prior to the blood draw for the tests.  

It is good that out found out that your symptoms were related to inadequate FT3 levels and were able to get the doctor to prescribe T3 for you.  Many hypo patients are not so fortunate and continue to suffer with hypo symptoms.  A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important.  You can read more about clinical treatment in this link.  It might also be useful for your family practictioner, and help guide your treatment.  

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

A couple of further questions would be, what amount of T3 are you taking?   Also, When you changed from Levothyroxine to Armour, what was the amount of Armour and did you make the change all at once?