Pulsating Throat
I have been experiencing a very strange sensation for several months now...the front/base of my neck (thyroid??) is constantly pulsating and feels raw, not sore when I have a cold, its a soreness at the base of my throat.  I have dizzy spells, weight gain, bloating, tingling in hands and feet, chronic muscle pain, and at age 13 (I am not 28) was diagnosed with JRA.  

I am most concern with what the pulsating of my throat.  Any ideas what this is caused from???
It may also be caused by problem with blood vessel in the neck or chest;the blood test and neck image w/contrast is good first step,
I have the exact same symptoms that you are describing. Is the soreness at the base of the throat like you have a pulled muscle or swallowed something that was to large for your throat and it becomes just plain sore.  Having JRA you are at a greater risk for other auto-immune such as Thyroid. I'm not in the medical field but I do have a son  with type 1 diabetes and after a year of that diagnoses he developed Hashimoto.

I wish you luck on your journey. Sorry I'm not a lot of help
Take Care