Thyroid Disorders Community
Questions-TSH .06

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Questions-TSH .06

I am new to this forum and to thyroid issues and hope to get some information as I really know nothing about thyroid issues. My story is really long, but I will give you all the condensed version. I've been feeling lousy since at least December '09 (my husband says it started a few months earlier). At the beginning of December I had a sinus infection that turned in to a cellulitis infection that landed me in the hospital right before New Years. Since then I've been exhausted, run down and sick off and on and running unexplained low grade fevers. It took about a month after the hospital stay for my white counts to get to normal again. Since then I've had another sinus infection that was confirmed. I was still feeling lousy and went to see several specialists to try to get to the bottom of this. My white counts have been consistently high and I've been treated for suspected sinus infection once and had several ct scans of the sinuses. I have been on and off of antibiotics and it seems as if my counts go to normal after antibiotics only to rise again within a week or two.  

This weekend my low grade fever turned into a 102 temp, which sent me back to my internist. As of THIS week we have ruled out sinus as the cause of high white counts and are now looking at other things. In the mean time Monday's blood work showed a very low TSH of .06 which is a new thing for me. I haven't had my TSH tested in at least a year. She ordered the test and did an EKG because I had a very high heart rate, was "very agitated", have been complaining of stomach issues for a while and was not "myself" to her. My internist doesn't think this is the reason for the high white counts and the fevers but is referring me to an endocrinologist and I have an appointment on Friday morning. She also ordered additional blood tests done that will hopefully be done by Friday including Free T3 and T4 and 2 other tests that I don't remember. I think maybe a thyroid antibody test if that makes sense. And something else...
So here are my questions: 1) What questions should I ask the Endo doc? 2) What additional tests should I request on Friday? 3) Can Hyperthyroid be a temporary thing or is that not likely? 4) Do people ever have a Hyperthyroid as well as adrenal fatigue or Addison's at the same time? 5) Any other info that might be helpful as well as possible scenarios for me to consider. By the way, I am 44 years old, female, and according to other people seem very thin (in my mind you can never be too thin :) ).
Thank you in advance for the help!
Tags: help, Thyroid, Blood
At a guess without your other lab test results, I would say your Doc is testing you for Graves Disease.
High white cell count means infection and you just may have sinus infection as I remember before I had RAI and Thyroidectomy, my Dentist wouldnt treat my dental problem as x-rays showed my sinus;s were blocked.
make sure you get tested for Graves (Thyroid stimulating Immunigolulins- TSI ) test.
Also ask for a full CBC to be done as signs of Graves and thyroid issues are high ALP> ALT and AST levels (liver).
These levels have to be in the 1000's before they are dangerous.
Once treatment begins,,,the liver enzymes go down.

All the best :)
I've had 2 CBCs this week alone. If liver stuff is normal, would that point away from Graves?
No it wouldnt.
The TSI test is the 100% test for Graves.
Rule this out first.