Thyroid Disorders Community
RAI, Hyperthyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RAI, Hyperthyroid

I was just diagnosed with Hypothyroid. I have questions..1) I have a 7 week old grand baby and 5 yr. grandson, how long to I have to stay away from them?  2) I work in a small enclosed office area for 8 hours a day. My co worker is pregnant, how should I handle this with my employer? I have also put on over 20 pounds in the last 9 months. I eat mostly veggies, salads, little to no starches. Everyone says that I eat very health. With this weight gain, will it come off after this RAI treatment?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am somewhat confused about your status.  In the title you mention RAI and hyperthyroidism, but then you say that you were just diagnosed with hypothyroidism.  Also, weight gain can be associated with both, I understand, but mostly it is a symptom of being hypothyroid.  So please clarify.  

Also, please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges.  
Blank
1204245_tn?1356904325
Hyperthyroidism could happen due to the several reasons, including thyroid inflammation which is NOT require RAI (it is self limiting)
Most common cause of the hyperthyroidsm for people over 50 is toxic nodule(s). Such nodules, if small (1..2 cm) can be treated with PEI (ethanol ablation) if they are having strong capsule. Low TSH with normal T4/T3 may require different treatment approach.
Recommendation:
ultrasound with doppler flow
TC99 scan
Blood test for TSI antibodeis, TPO antibodies, ESR rate
Best!!
Blank
i currently take thyroid med but really am intriqued by iodine plus 2

do i take both at a time or is it ok to drop my prescription?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...