RAI TREATMENT - ISOLATION PERIOD
I am going tomorrow morning to have a total body scan done and the doctor is suppose to come over to the hospital after my scan to give me my results and tell me whether I have to take the RAI treatment, which he already said that I should take it.  One of the reasons why I don't want to do it is because they said I would have to isolate myself for 7 days after treatment.  Well from what I've been reading on here just about everyone only did it for 4 days.  As if 4 days is not long enough, 7 is ridiculous.  He said I would receive more than 100 millicuries of RAI which seems pretty average also.  My question is.... Is he just being overly cautious because he's a radiation oncologist?
Could be - but if you chose to listen and have RAI - listen to his instruction. It does sound long - but you really aren't going to feel very well after it - 7 days may be nice to relax. Take a week off from work have a quiet weekend and  BAM -- all done.

Don't let your feeling of isolation make judgement on your treatment. It may be the best thing for your condition.
Seven days is the way to go - especially with a cancer dose (100mCi and above).  Sounds like the doctor is on the right track.
That is pretty standard isolation time following RAI.  Especially if you have children around.Get some good books and take advantage of the alone time to relax.
I am having my RAI tomorrow too.  Because my cancer had spread to a lymph node, I will be taking 150 mCi.  My drs. told me isolate at least 2 days.  I think that sounds like a small amount of time. I was isolated that time for the body scan dose.  I am 57, have no small children or animals in house.  I plan to stay isolated for at least 4 days.  It amazes me the difference each dr. recommends.
I will be having 150 mci on April 2nd.  I'll let you know what my doctor recommends for isolation time.  The last time I did it I was given a lower dose and it was recommended to stay isolated for 4 days. (Longer if there are children or pregnant women around).  
I had 100mci and I had to be away from everyone for about 7 days total.  Each day, you have less and less in your system, so by the 5, 6 and 7th day, my family was in the same room as me, just not touching or right next to me.