RAI therapy
I've had RAI therapy 4 months ago and went well aside from tenderness of my neck after 2 weeks of treatment. Early this month til now I've had cramps:back of my thighs,arms and neck. And recently, I just felt tightness on my chest and I don't know what it is. Is this the effects of the therapy I 've got? Thanks
Have you had your labs done recently?
A week before my RAI, my lab result for tsh was 49%, then on september,4 months after the therapy, my tsh was 29%. The doctor didn't gave me any medication because,he said,my body is responding well to the treatment. I'll be back next year february. I'm scared because the cramps is affecting all over my body now and it's so sore.it takes a day or 2 to heal the pain.I feel like there's always changes in my body everyday since I started this therapy. Thanks
no way - your doctor is not right. RAI will deplete the body in hormone function and you require testing frequently for at least a year.

There is no way to tell how much RAI has taken the thyroid away without proper testing.

With him not putting you on meds and saying you reponded well ( at that time you saw him) might be correct - but your body is still adjusting to the RAI and you sound like you are getting very low on hormone and now - may require - you to need thyroid medication.

The precentages you are incorrect on thyroid labe testing - there is no such thing as a % used to determine how much of your thyroid is working

It would be best to call this doctor and have them run the FT3 - FT4 and TSH testing as soon as possible.