RT3
Is there any signifigance of a low reverse T3?

I don't have my results with me but my TSH .9, FT3 and FT4 high end of normal and my RT3 was below normal.

Thanks.
Forgot to add:

With these levels, could a nodule cause symptoms even when labs are normal?
I have numerous symptoms of hyper and feel a lump in my throat. I see an Endo in 3 weeks.

Thanks.
Reverse T3 is made by the body to tone down energy. It is made by removing a different iodine from T4. It blocks the T3  from signaling the cell to make energy. It allows the body to turn down the energy when it needs to.
Reverse T3 has no action on the cell except it binds to T3 receptors blocking the action of T3.
Low RT3 is typically found when the thyroid gland is unable to keep up T4 production to meet the body
Thanks for the info.

I haven't had my PTH tested, yet. I was curious about it though as my Calcium is borderline high (10.2) and my bone scan revealed osteopenia.

Thanks again.
I received my thyroid profile and my rT3 was 24.83% and high.  What does this mean and what are the effects.
It's hard to say what it means without seeing the Free T4 results and the Free T3 results. It also depends on recent past medical history and any medications you may be taking.

A high reverse T3 often indicates a recent trauma or severe illness of some sort. It will usually rectify itself. Your Free T3 is probably low as well.

If it does not self-regulate, it may require a short term use of a T3 medication to force the body to stop manufacturing excess rT3 and allow the excess rT3 to clear your system.
Does a high rT3 lean to metabolic syndrome? Does omega 3 affect levels T3 and rT3? Is there someway to reduce rT3? Thanks, Patrick