Radioactive Iodine Pill and pets in the home
I have to take the radioactive iodine pill in a medium dose. What do I need to know before I take it? What do I need to do and know to prepare?     I have pets in my home (adult cats).    Will I have to stay arms length away from them for a few days or do I have to stay completely away from them in a different location?  If I avoid close contact with them,how long do I have to do this for?   Thank you, lauradean    
Your doctor should give you an information packet to inform you of the cautions.

2 to 3 days of not having contact with anyone is best.

Prep would be make sure you have disposable items like eating items, sheets available.

Those are just a few tips.

You dont need to go somewhere just so concern and avoid things. After the days are up - make sure everything is cleaned and thrown away.

Please do not go to a hotel either. They are not equiped and the room will be exposed to RAI for the innocent people after you