Thyroid Disorders Community
Radioiodine Treatment on Thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Radioiodine Treatment on Thyroid

I'd like to hear from you that have had the radioiodine treatment on your thyroid and see how it went for you or if you had to have additional treatment or finally surgically removed.

I was diagnosed in November 2010 with hyperthyroidism. I have a cold nodule (1.0 cm) on the left and a hot nodule (conflicting sizes...u/s 2.9 and nuclear scan 1.6 cm) on the right. The hot nodule is suppressing the thyroid and the left is none functioning.  I had my first endo appt on 2/2 and saw the PA. She said there was a couple options that I could start thinking about, but they would more than likely try the radioiodine treatment. I told her that I feel like I get chocked when I eat and she said that the treatment would shrink the thyroid in-turn shrinking the goiter and that chocking would disappear once they thyroid has shrunk.

If you don't mind, please post your experiences so that I can have questions for the dr when I go back on 2/21.  Thanks