Thyroid Disorders Community
Random Acts of Kindness - list the ways you give or get kindness!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Let's see how many Random Acts of Kindness we can list on this post and on MedHelp!

You can list by #1, #2, #3 the ways you've shown kindness to others, or comment on kindness shown to you by another, etc.  There's no real rules, just that we help spread kindness across MedHelp!

After you've posted below, start a post on your favorite community! Send a note!  Then come back and post your link here so we can stop by your post!

Don't be shy -- let's see how many we can get going on the site so everyone can join in!

C~
Co-CLThyroid, Asthma, Food Allergies
___

"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore there be any kindness I can show...let me do it now."
— William Penn
#1 - Give stranger behind you at store your coupon that's about to expire
Fix someones cat who cant afford the fee ...
Take someones dog out for a walk when they are sick or at work ..
hmmmmmmm.

1. Thyroid
2. Thyroid
3. Thryoid

and other things connected to "thyroid" LOL :)
along with ... Full time work, family, friends, children, grandchildren, daughter, son, mom , sister, nephews, neices, son's friends, and the DOGS!!!!! They get it all too.

Whew.... I guess I should be tired!!!
1)  Smile - it brightens everyone's day

2) Buy lunch for the person behind you in the drive through.  
My random acts of kindness are EVERYDAY...

I re strain myself from ringing necks at work.
I re strain myself from hitting someone upside the head becasuse of thier stupidity.
I really really re strain myself when I avoid asking the "obvious" on questions.
I keep silent towards those who lack "common sense".

Something I've learned in the past 2 years of being chronically ill:

ask someone "how" they feel and really listen to what they say

I give extra coupons to strangers in line or let them use mine if they are reusable like at the dept stores.

What wonderful ways people have listed .. wow!

There was one time about 6 months back, I was heading to uni and was walking through the mall and saw an elderly lady walking with her trolley full of groceries heading for the escalator; only to find the escalator out of order so we needed to use the stairs.  There was no way she could have carried all the bags up so I took 7 trips up and down the stairs to carry all her bags of groceries to the top.  She seemed so very thankful by the end of it.  The smile she gave me said it all!

I was hyper at the time and by the time I had finished my heart was pounding but, it felt good to help the elderly lady.
Oh, of course I've done small things since, but that one really stuck in my mind!