Thyroid Disorders Community
Rash with low thyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash with low thyroid

I have had low thyroid for about 8 years. I also have had either hives or urticarial vasculitis for 3 1/2 years which medications does NOT help. I would like to know if this condition is due to the thyroid or thyroid medication? I get conflicting info from my doctors. My GP calls it hives, my Dermatologist calls it Vasculitis. Is there any real help out there for me? HELP!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Some types of thyroid medications symptoms are hives if you are allergic to the ingredients such as fillers.  Some hives come with thyroid disease - autoimmune hives and autoimmune thyroid.

I would change brands and see if you get some relief.
Blank
Thanks for the information, I have been on 4 thyroid medications with no change in symptons. Also Prednisone, hydroxyizine,Colchichine and other things which have not done anything for the itching or the swellings. Sometimes I just feel like giving up. I'm hoping to find out something by posting the problem.
Blank
What about foods, other medicines, clothing, etc. Any thing with brown dyes/coloring, Graves' people are s susceptible to.

If you look at my profile at bottom, you will see what I have problems with. I just started eliminating things, foods clothing, etc. until whatever it was no longer was a problem.  I just found out about eggs this way.

Well something is causing the rash/hives, you just haven't found what yet.

I am even allergic or have skin reaction to baby powder and I just love the smell, but it doesn't love me.
Blank
I've been through allergy  tests, only slight reactions to 5 foods. Doing without the foods did not find the cause. My GP calls this urticara, rash with swelling.My dermatologist calls it uriticarial vasculitis.Have had numerous biopsies, nothing shows up. The rash comes and goes, but as soon as some heal others break out. I am seldom without the itching and the rashes. I also have bad swellings , mostly in my face and lips and eyes although they can be anywhere. Usually the swellings pop up about every couple weeks, but can be sooner ao later. My allergist doesn't think this is due to anything I use or eat.I have heard of thyroid condition causing rashes and itching. I just can't get any answers, so thought I might find out something on this site. I do not understand how to contact the doctor with this question. Everything I click on brings me back to this page. Any suggestions will be appreciated. What exactly is graves Disease?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...