Thyroid Disorders Community
Recent US showed 2.2cm lymph node and 2mm thyroid cyst on (L) neck, sho...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Recent US showed 2.2cm lymph node and 2mm thyroid cyst on (L) neck, should I seek add'l help of ENT or ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

I have been experiencing pressure in my neck for several mos. now; It is on the left and predominantly when I swallow; I seen my PCP last week and he ordered an US of neck/thyroid; It shows that I have a 2.2cm lymph node in left neck and a 2mm thyroid cyst medially on left lobe and my thyroid gland is upper limits of normal in size. My PCP is not impressed by these findings and said to come back in 3mos no labs or anything, and pretty much thought that I was thinking about it, and that was why it bothered me;  My sister voiced concern since the lymph node has been there for several mos. and said that I needed to see ENT and have it biopsied;  Do you think the lymph node and thyroid cyst are related?  It shouldn't be the cyst I feel pressing on my esophagus when I swallow?  I have been reading blogs and info on internet about this since I got report back. Should I be worried and f/u w/ ENT or Endocrinologist or just wait and see?
Your lymph nodes should be looked into further.

I know some doctors say, lets wait and see if they go down on their own or if they increase in size. The enlarged lymph nodes means your body is fighting an infection of some kind.

I had two lymph nodes removed, they were almost 2cm, but they had increased in size after the wait and see game. My lymph nodes enlargement was due to an infection of one of my salivary glands. I had to have surgery to remove gland and nodes. They did test to make sure the lymph nodes were not cancerous.

If I were you I would go to an ENT, my lymph nodes hurt. You should really get it looked into, it could be a simple infection, or not trying to scare you but some more serious going on.