Thyroid Disorders Community
Ringing in ears - Low TSH (0.27), Vitamin D deficiency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have ringing in ears for the past 5 weeks. The ringing varies quite often. Sometimes it becomes high pitched that I cant handle it, sometimes it keeps swaying, sometimes it becomes very low. Also, my ears itch and hurt sometimes.

I went to an ENT specialist and he checked my ears and said everything is ok with my ears and said that I have tinnitus. I was having a blocked nose and post nasal drip then. He suggested I use sudafed which I did. But It did not help me in anyway.

I got my thyroid test done and it turned out that my TSH is 0.27; My T3 and T4 are normal. My endocrinologist said I was over medicated and reduced my dosage. Currently I am taking 50 mcg for 3 days and 100 mcg for 4 days.

I also got my complete blood work done. It turned that I have Vitamin D insufficiency which is 10.3. My doctor put me on Vitamin D 1000 UI.

I started using this medication since 3 days. I also am using Gingko Balboa for the ringing (not sure if this is helpful) and am also taking Vitamin B.

I do find a little improvement where the ringing becomes very minimal for a few minutes but then it increases again.

I am curious to know if either my thyroid or Vitamin D insufficiency is causing this.

I am determined to get rid of the ringing in ears. Please suggest so I can identify the root cause and cure the problem.
Sounds like tinnitus. Gingo is good, it's good for blood flow. Another thing that worked for a friend of mine is called "Tebbonin". We can get it here in Australia at a health shop. Iam sure they sell it on line. Good luck.
This is common amoungst thyroid patients in general regardless hyper - or hypo patients. I still have the ringing but I notice it more now - when I am sitting in a quite room with zero noise. Its not that agonizing ringing I had when I was so ill and off in my levels.

I tried many herbs that didn't work but for me - getting my levels with thyroid as best as I can did help me alot.

Thank you for the update kikidi. My ringing has reduced to a large extent over the few months after I started taking Vitamin D. My Vit D levels have increased to 24.3 two weeks back. I think my ringing is associated to the deficiency. I hope it increases to 32 pretty soon.
But the only hitch is that my vitiligo which was under control started spreading with small round white patches here and there....not sure if it is related to vitamin d or not.
I plan to take Prednisone to control the spreading.
Please suggest any remedies.
Dear,

I have this issue in my ears since very long time, but it is implified in a high scale since last week.
I started taking Vit D around 45 days ago because it was low. now I stopped it hopping get this issue solved.