SICK and Surgery??
If one is sick I have a cold. Snuffy nose and a sore throat will this postpone my surgery? ANYONE Know? MAn I aht this!!  I am not doinga nything tomorrow just alil laundry but I am unsure if a COLD will do any harm if they think they should WAIT? GRRRRRRRR HELP
Rodeo Queen
There was a post a while back about someone who had a cold and had surgery coming up in a few days.  I think, if I remember correctly, a cold is okay, its a fever that you definitely dont want to have.  

Drink tons of water (and I mean tons, like a glass every hour for the next 36 hours) and get lots of rest.  No supplements (vit c or cold fx or anythign like that) this close to surgery.

Forget the laundry tomorrow - you wont be able to as you'll be sitting on the toilet all day peeing out the water and resting.  

If you feel worse tomorrow, maybe put a call into your doctor.

I sent you a PM but for those who may also be in your situation - zinc lozenges are a wonderful way to kick a cold in the "bud".

Like I mentioned in my PM, I had a really bad head cold for my 2nd thyroid surgery and the surgeon gave me the go ahead (but told me NOT to tell the admitting staff).  She talked to the anesthesiologist and so did I before the surgery.  He suctioned my sinuses while I was out of it and I felt great after.  He didn't want me coughing or sneezing for a few days and it worked great.

Saline nasal mists work well too.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR MONDAY!
10-4~! I will do that for sure I guess I will go get me jug and start drinking!!! OH boy lots of peeing tonight! HA HA..
Rodeo Queen
Nothing like "when it rains it pours!" So sorry you're feeling so crappy. Hopefully you can 'flush' it out of you system!!
I was sick when I had my surgery.  I had had a very sore throat and fever for 2 days.  I asked my surgeon who told me the surgery would only be postponed if I had a fever or if I had chest congestion.  Luckily, the day of the surgery, I didn't have a fever that morning (my fevers tend to be low in the morning and get higher in the afternoon), though I was still sick.  I didn't have chest congestion either, so it was a go.  I would have been really upset if I had to postpone because I was sick.  I hope it will pass for you!!