Saw the Endo
What a disappointment the Endo was. He is part of the same Health System as the first Dr. I believe he came in to the exam with preconceived ideas and would not budge. He said that my Thyroid is perfectly normal and that the previous Dr did a complete thyroid work up, sonogram, and basic labs (TSH/no range, Total  T3/101,[76-181] and T4 Free/0.9 [0.8-1.8]).No other thyroid labs were performed. He states that 50% of the population has nodules and  that my symptoms (fatigue, hot flashes, dry skin, dry hair, pigment changes, palpitations, tachy etc. etc. etc )have nothing to do with the thyroid and that my family history (mom/malignancy with RAI, aunt/hyper and nodules with surgical removal and a cousin who is Hypo) is not significant. His conclusions were menopause, nontoxic muti-nodular goiter, malaise and fatigue and palpitations.He did order labs  (FSH,LH, Estrogens, Metanephrines, tryptase, calcitonin and 5HIAA but refused to consider any further thyroid eval.. He did not believe that I could be post menopausal x 1 yr @ 55 and that I was peri-menopausal 10 yrs ago with lab values to prove it. He stated he didn't want to see me again. YIKES, really? Both of these Drs were dismissive, condescending and lacked any compassion for the fact that I have felt ill for months and now  I am back to square one, again. This is more than frustrating. I am not sure if I should go ahead with the labs? I already know that the FH and FSH will prove my post- menopausal state but I really don't know about the others.
I think you are wasting your time with that group.  Time to move on.  How about the doctor I gave you that was recommended by several members?
I will be making that appointment in the morning as well as calling a couple of other Drs for some phone interviews. I just don't think that I have ever been made to feel such a fool as with this Endo and his dismissive remarks. I have cried all afternoon and now will just move on.