Scalp problems after thyroidectomy
I had my thyroid removed 11 years ago. I am taking 100 mcg synthroid. My scalp has developed  raised, dry, and  itchy areas.  I have tried the shampoos and the scalp treatments but they are not working. I even tried lice shampoo  thinking it might be that but it did not improve. I have had relatively few problems since the removal, other than some difficulty regulating the dose of medication. I just had all my labs checked and they are good. Sure hope this isn't  going to stick around forever. I do have very dry skin and use Eucerin cream after each shower and it is GREAT.

wanda

This discussion is related to crusty scalp after thyroidectomy.
i was just dx with a dangerously low Vit D level so i was hoping my red  burny  itchy scaly scalp was due to vit d? but i had a thermal perm in march and was wondering if i was allergic to the perm? ck out your vit d level maybe we will learn this togheter i just bought tar tree shampoo? the  old fashion dandruff shampoo for scalp problems  got try something