Selenium and iodine
My doc told me to start taking selenium. I just read an article that said if you take selenium without also taking iodine, it can make your hypothyroidism worse. My problem is I have an allergy or sensitivity to iodine supplements (gives me severe vertigo), so I wonder is eating foods that have iodine enough? I don't have a reaction to food, just supplements.
I take selenium daily - it helps with the choking feeling in my throat.  I've read that there is a connection between selenium and absorption of thyroid meds, but haven't researched it enough to know if there's scientific data to back that up.

I only know that it helps me; I had a deficiency ; it's worth a try, but don't expect results immediately.  I had to take it for a couple of weeks before I noticed any big effect.  

I do not take supplemental iodine, nor do I use iodized salt, etc, but I know there have been some who have done taken iodine successfully.  

Maybe if you try the selenium first?  I get selenium in capsule form from the health food store.  The bottle says it's "formulated for maximum absorbency"........I seem to have better luck with all of my vitamins/minerals if I can find them in capsule form versus tablet/horse pill.  I also find that the citrate form seems to work best for me.