Sharp pain in neck
Recently I've started having these occasional sharp pains in my neck.  My first thought was that it was my carotid artery causing it.  But that doesn't seem quite right to me.  Now I'm wondering if my thyroid could cause that kind of pain.  I know I have nodules.  I'm taking Armour thyroid and Levoxyl for my Hashimoto's.

So, can the thyroid cause sharp grabbing pains like that?

Thank you.

Sorry you didn't get an answer to your question, which is most likely because we don't know, or due to so many repeat and/or similar questions, perhaps it was answered in another post, so you might do a thread/post search.

However, if you haven't already, you might go to the Doctor Thyroid Forum and ask Dr. Lupo at http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120      OR
at left of page almost top, under "Thyroid Disorders" in red click on "thyroid" it will take you to the forum.

Go to the Medical and Health list of Doctor-to-Patient or  Patient to Patient Forums at: http://www.medhelp.org/forums.htm and chose a forum that fits your needs.

If you have posted more than one post per the sites rules for doctors forums, you probably won't get answered.  Or if the forum is full and not taking any more questions for the day, you can try another day.

Good luck and Best of health!
I find that appoximately every several weeks I get a sharp pain in the middle of chest...then a sharp pain in my neck..this pain can last for several minutes....I have an under active thyroid..
The pain goes away but usually after I have burped many times...
I don't get the pain after I eat...I have no stomach problems as I can pretty much eat anything..
Any suggestions, what this could be?

Thank you
Paula