Thyroid Disorders Community
Should I be concerned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Should I be concerned?

About two years ago while having a scan for something else, they found I had  a goiter with multiple nodules.  I had ultrasounds every six months until last year when my new ENT told me to wait a year to have another.  I had the scan this month and one of the nodules had increased from 4mm to l.5cm.  They promptly scheduled a biopsy but the doctor was unable to get enough cells to diagnose after going in three times.  My primary care doctor told me to have another scan in six months, which would be fine except that I am concerned since I have pressure in my throat, choke frequently (not eating, just saliva) and am hoarse all the time.  Neither my primary care doctor nor the ENT seem concerned about it, saying it's probably acid reflux because my goiter isn't enlarged enough to cause these problems.  However, the GI doc she sent me to doesn't think reflux is causing my problems. Should I insist on another biopsy immediately or wait a couple of months and schedule another scan?  
What other thyroid tests have been done?  Have you been tested to determine if you have hypothyroidism?  Have you been tested  to see if Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is possibly involved as a cause for nodules?  To determine if you have thyroid antibodies associated with Hashi's, the tests are TPO ab and TG ab.  If you have had any of these tests, please post results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  
Are you going to the same quack I go to?  I got the same story and they know for positive that I have Hoshimotos.  The pressure is sometimes so intense it feels like someone is chocking me and I cough all the time.
Anxiety can cause those symptoms, too, even if you don't particularly "feel" anxious.