Thyroid Disorders Community
Should I split dose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Should I split dose

I just had my armour raised to 90mg daily I usually take in am 1 hour before breakfast..Should I be splitting dose??  Im still not feeling right.  Tired alot and achy  have to try to stay focused alot..My weight also has creeped up 5lbs.   Also does anyone feel like they excrete the smell of armour through their skin?  Everything I ve read about armour thyroid it really sounds like alot of people feel great on it   I am getting inpatient because Ive spent this whole summer feeling bad.
I am also on 90mg of Armour and I do split  my dose.  I take 60mg in the morning and then 30mg about four hours later.  No sooner than 4 hours.  Then, 4 hours after that, I take my  vitamins and then my calcium with vitamin D at bedtime.  

This regimine seems to be working for me.  I just had my dose decreased from 105mg to 90mg about 5 weeks ago.  I am feeling a lot better.  I would definitely try to split the dose and also take the medication under your tongue.  Let it dissolve instead of swallowing it.  Lots of people take it sublingually, but it depends on how your body is with that as well.  

Not sure about the weight gain, unless your levels indicate that you are still too hypo.  Not sure about excreting it from the skin either.  I haven't experienced that.  I would caution that patience is required with any thyroid drug.  I say that to myself as much as I do to you--as I'm not one with much patience.  I have also had a really bad summer.  I had been over-medicated in April with an ER visit in May, and then changed to Armour Thyroid with a low TSH of 28 in July.  I am now starting to feel better, but I have been at this for 6-7 months now.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel, its just a LONG tunnel and how your body accepts the medication and what medication might be right for you.