Thyroid Disorders Community
Sick of feeling Ill.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Sick of feeling Ill.

About 3years ago I was feeling really  lousy and unwell  so I went into hospital and had a numer of tests done.My head scan came back with a sus, spot on my skull,which after abiopsy is Pagents disease.Then I had an Ultrsound On my neck and they found Two large nodules on both sides of my neck and  they said I also what appeared to be an enlarged parathyroid.My calcium levels were up but now they are  not. I have seen an Endo doctor and he told me once I had that removed I would feel or should feel my old self again.But my GP has done nothingsince.Iget bad Reflux
have mitro valve problem,anxiety and depression.PLEASE  help me.
Tags: Neck
I really don't know what would cause your symptoms, but if your GP knows about them and doesn't have a plan, I'd suggest looking for another doctor, possibly an endocrinologist.  
HI Rhonda.

I totally agree with hypofuzz.  Sometimes you have to find another doc in order to be property treated.  Your health is important and I, too, would find another doc, an endocrinologist.

Best of luck to you and hang in there!!  I know how tough medical problems can be!!
THankyou for your comments.I have seen an endocrinologist and he told me to have it removed, but my quack says because my calcium levels appear to be normal he sees no reason to remove it at this stage.But that does not help me I feel like **** every day.I want MY LIFE BACK
Rhonda,

hi. I know exactly what you mean: I want my life back too. I can't tell you the number of times I have posted that here.

Right now, you have to handle the most important thing. Are you comfortable with the endo's advice? Somehow, I believe we have that inner leading that lets us know when we need to go in a different direction.

There is one thing I have learned on this journey and that is that you can't force your way back to health. That is just more stressful on those lovely adrenals. So just try to rest as much as possible.

Rest and drink plenty of fluids....take care.........Peggy
Hi Peggy. You seem so caring I am trying to do the best for my body and mind by seeing ahealth psycologist,who has helped me deal with my concerns.I listen to tapes and i TRY to meditate it has helped me. But Istill feel ill.Thankyou hope to hear from you again it's nice to have a friend.Rhonda
Compare your symptom to the parathyroid.com website and find a doctor who knows parathyroid disease.

I think you need further testing and AR is a common problem in abnormal parathyroids
Hi Stella thankyou for your comment.I am looking around for another doc, but living in asmall community is hard.I will have to go to the city Brisbane or Townsville.