Sick of the "lump" in my throat
OK I am whining, sorry. I have gotten a nasty cold and it is just amplified 100 zillion times by the fact that I STILL have a "lump"  in my throat from my surgery 6 weeks ago. You know, the one that feels like you have a giant pill stuck going down ??  So, this is making me crazy because I have a bad sore throat and it hurts to swallow anyway, but with the lump there too it is really bothering me. I am curious how long it takes for that lump to go away and if I am just being an impatient whiney sickey mommy.
Thanks.
Darla
It can take a few months.  Try some of that OTC throat spray (Chloraseptic, etc.), and lots of lozenges - it really helps.
Yeah, I know that feeling well. Don't you hate it?
The best thing I have found so far is an anathaestic throat lozenger.
Em
Ok so I'm reading all of these boards about this lump in everyone's throat but not seeing any solutions or answers??? I had half of my thyroid removed along with a 9cm nodule.  Yes it was huge!  I have had this lump feeling for over a year, which brought me to my Dr. who then removed it.  My surgery was 2 weeks ago and not only is that lump feeling still there, but now, where my incision is, I have thick, hard scar tissue that feels like a bar is laying on my neck!  Can someone please answer the questions of what is the lump?? And is this thick hard scar tissue normal?? I can't sleep, I cough constantly and when I sneeze, it seems to move the lump.  Which hurts, but feels like mucus.  When I try to cough it up, I taste blood.  This *****!!