Thyroid Disorders Community
Sickness after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Sickness after eating

When I eat, I have a reaction about 10 - 15 minutes later.  I feel like I have the flu, feverish, weak, upset stomach, and sometimes have an awful headache.  I have this reaction almost every time I eat.  It does not appear to be in conjunction with any specific type of food.  I have had complete blood work done where my liver function was a little high, and then more extensive bloodwork done for liver function which all tested normal.  My thyroid tested normal as well.  I have had ultrasounds done of my liver, pancreas and gall bladder.  I had a test of my gallbladder where they faked a hunger/food response - it was normal.  I had a colonoscopy done - normal.  I am trying a gastroenterologist.   But, do I display any symptoms of an endocrine disorder?   This has been going on for two months and no one is any closer to identifying the problem.  Please, can you help me?
Was that a HIDA Scan you had done? Wow, so sorry to hear of this .. just awful ... I do not know enough about endrocine system as a whole to comment but did want to say Hello and welcome you to the board .....  did they speak of doing an endoscopy?  That would be thru a GI as you said that is the next step; I think you need to see one.  

Maybe others on the board have some advice for you,

Cheryl
Strange. I don't know anything either. Could it be your water or something in your environment?
It sounds to me like celiac disease. Not an easy one to prove though. My advice - and this takes a very very long time to solve. You need to starve out the yeast in your body. It totally sounds like that.

Your need to get off ALL sugar -- for sure............ NONE at all. Enriched flour products convert to sugar too - so you must elimated them too. No liquor - that is another sugar conversion. and get a "good " probiotic ( "Sustenex" ) found in the drug stores is great.

This is NOT a magic pill - you won't feel better in a day - week - or maybe a month. It took me 6 months (on my own) to figure this out. Religiously - I stuck to this plan and it has solved most of my problems.  It is not a pleasant detox or starvation either. Almost felt like my body was ticked at me for not giving it the sugar and was not happy. LAsted for about two weeks. Then your body starts to behave and realizes ("OK I don't want the sugar anymore - so then - it starts to heal)  Your bowels within a week will start to flush out the yeast and that can be troublesome at times. Get on lots of plain yorgurt and water too.

It all about dumping a ton of good bacteria back on your body to kill the bad - and the good will eventually kill off the yeast (sugar)

But in the bright side - you will notice something changing with in a week. SOme energy returns and the nausea will improve. That was the best for me.

I now cheat every so often - like last night I had oreo cookies - I feel yucky today -  I take now an acidophillus tablet everymorning though so that will keep me balanced.

It's all natural - no drugs - (which I like) I don't need anymore meds if I can avoid it.

Good Luck
Google celiac disease........... it will really let you take a look at all the symptoms.