Somewhat high normal TSH ?
I've long had excessive daytime tiredness / sleepiness (& some of the other symptoms of hypothryoidism), & recently went to new Dr. just for regular checkup. Blood tests were normal. But TSH was 3.95  (= high normal (with reference range of .4 - 4.5)).

If my t3 / t4 are normal (I've not had them tested, at least not yet), what are your thoughts? Many people online (not physicians) make reference to an "updated" normal range is lower than this. Yet I'm unable to find a credible / authoritative source (i.e., endocrinology specialists) with a lower TSH reference range (normal range). If you know of one, can you post it?
Thanks...
Yes, about seven or eight years ago, the AACE (American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists...you can't get much more special than that!!!) recommended that TSH range be changed to 0.3-3.0.  Yet, this many years later, most doctors and labs are still using obsolete ranges.  Check out AACE.

Have your FT3 and FT4 tested...they're the REAL indicator of thyroid function.  Make sure they test FREE T3 and FREE T4.  If "free" is not specified, the tests will be total T3 and T4, which are considered obsolete tests.

You might also ask for TPOab and TGab tests.  These are the two antibodies that cause Hashimoto's thyroiditis, the most prevalent cause of hypo in the developed world.