Thyroid Disorders Community
Still feeling Hypothyroid symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Still feeling Hypothyroid symptoms

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in November last year and with a TSH level of 13.9 I was put on a dose of 50mg Levothyroxine. Through the first 2 months of taking the medication I felt like I actually got worse, was more depressed, sleeping more, lost my sex drive completely and the list could go on.

I then had my blood tests taken again about a month ago and was upped to 75mg Levothyroxine, since then I feel like I have a lot more energy (I would say nearly back to normal) and the depression has gone. However, I still have no sex drive and I really struggle to go to the toilet, sometimes it can be over a week before I am able to do a poo, I have also noticed that since taking the medication my skin has really dried up a lot.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to improve the latter few symptoms? Would you say i need my medication upped or to add something else to it e.g. a T3 supplement or something else?

Thank you for reading this and to those of you who reply thank you for trying to help me!!! :)
Please post your most recent labs with reference ranges (ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.